View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 12:21   #15
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???
I thought exactly that till I read some technical info on Friday.

The wee glowing ball is what makes the Move work. The Eyetoy camera detects the ball and can work out where it is and even how far away you are standing by it working out how big the ball is. The colour change is down to the camera looking at the colours of your room and choosing a colour that will stand out easily so the camera can see it. Its actually pretty damn clever tbh.

Its that ball that gives Move the 1:1 movement.