View Single Post
Old 28-09-2007, 23:09   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Backing up to DVD from Sky+.......

Hmmm, does seem a lot of faffing about. Then there is the chore of loading the burned DVD_RW into the PC, editing it, authoring it, and then burning it to DVD only to have it stand on a shelf probably forever just gathering dust.

I have freeview as well. I have toyed with the idea of extending the aerial to my PC and investing in a freeview TV Card. There are a few PVR softwares out there which have had good reviews. This at least cuts out the first two steps in the chain. I haven't got a Standalone DVD Recorder so the purchase of a TV Card will not be an extra expense.

Things against are the lack of channels on freeview? But is their really anything worth watching let alone recording for posterity on the subscription digi channels, probably, NOT!! and if there was it would likely be butchered to some aspect chosen for the benefit of the channel rather than the viewer.

And the biggie, can I be arsed? Well yeah, there have been some shows that merited a place on my shelf but they really are far and few between and get repeated to death weekly on UK TV anyway.
If they haven't already then they darn well will be if ever VM/BBC can afford to show a "new" ep of some decade old TAT.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote