View Single Post
Old 28-02-2004, 22:10   #12
snodvan
Inactive

snodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Broadband Sharing - A Step By Step Guide

Stu
All this you are doing (inc. the other threads) are super stuff, although I have a headach from reading it all and trying to understand. What I would like is some advice. I have a 2Ghz main PC and a 0.5Ghz 'slave' connected via wire and they operate well to access the web/ mail etc via ntl STB. No problems with the system during use over the last 18 months or so. However, I have just bought a laptop (3ghz all-singing-all dancing thing made by Gericom). This had good reviews [Computer Active] and although a bit on the bulky side that is not an issue for me. The thing is the laptop has a wireless LAN PCMCIA card. In your view what is the best way to 'connect' the thing to the internet alongside the other machines? I presume I have to "add" something to the main PC that will link to the wireless card? I have not previously 'met' a machine with a wirelass LAN card. Many thanks.
snodvan is offline   Reply With Quote