View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 17:47   #2957
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong - the government needs to take the views of what the leave side voted for. A democratic decision has to be upheld and that decision was LEAVE. I mean, wtf is this where the winning side should be dictated in to negotiations to partially remain in the EU by the losing side of democracy ?.............snip snip snip !
This post shows a complete lack of understanding on how democracy and the government work .The government are responsible for all the citizens of this country not just those who vote a certain way .I voted to leave and i also accept the government need to act in the interests of everyone not just the "winning side"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

But let's say we're free from EU social chapter legislation, we have privileged access to the single market and we also control immigration? Isn't that an ideal scenario even with a fee?
In truth the social chapter legislation and immigration are the main reasons why most voted to leave imo ,it's certainly the main reason why i voted to leave
I would not be happy about paying the EU money to keep access to the single market and i certainly don't think Brussels would go for it but any deal that allows us to trade with as many countries as possible on our terms cannot be turned down