View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 20:51   #5
zero967
Inactive

Services: TV: Sky World HD 2 x Boxes (1x1TB)(1x320Gb) BB: Be Broadband (ADSL2+)(10Mb) TD-W8960N Tel: BT Mob:o2
zero967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Should I Subscribe to 100Mb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
You can go with VM and see what you get or go for BT Infinity where speed is pretty much guaranteed atm.
Thats true if you live near to the Green Active boxes which now have the equipment the exchanges have in them followed by new dark fiber channels to the box.

My Green Active box is about 0.5 Miles from my home so the most i will get via Infinity or new Infinity 2 is going to be either 24Mb or 34Mb approx as its still distance based, even on 80Mb i would probably only manage about 45-50Mb maybe at most, they did a survey on it based on distance on the Thinkbroadband news pages, look for it on there.

Where as with VM its not so much distance based its more like "how many people are on the cabinet / ubr i am connected to" sort of thing that affects performance along with the speed they are purchasing.

I remember someone from 2nd Line BB Support who was upstairs from us BB 1st Line Agents telling me that the pipelines from the cabinets was only something like 33Mbps or something but again that was back in 2007/8 when 20Mb was the top package on BB!!

Also the comment that jb66 has stated, Is that definatly true they have some sort of 28 Days Satisfaction or "happieness" guarantee as that would be really useful as i would have to give that to my current provider anyway before i leave so it would allow me to test both as to what you all have suggested anyway. Just don't want to be tied into a 12 / 18 month contract only to recieve the same or worse service than i am getting on BE.

Does anyone know whether if there has been another Green Cabinet put next to the old one, would this show a sign of congestion as there is more and more people taking up these services as i only want VM BB and nothing else??

Also does anyone know if VM are doing anything via their technical partner Fujitsu Telecommunications UK to alleviate the congestion and increase general capacity to cope with demand as the company i am with at the moment for my interner (ADSL 2+ with Be Broadband atm) do NOT seem to be doing anything about it hence the interegation into VM before taking any steps!

Thanks all for the help and assistance as always

Paul
zero967 is offline   Reply With Quote