View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 17:48   #11
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Parents back pre-watershed junk food advertising ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminian68 View Post
No! Because everyone has a choice of what to eat!

1. If the child gets regular excercise and a balanced diet then a bit of junk is ok. A bit of everything is good for you.

2. It is up to the parents to choose to let children purchase the products being advertised.

3. TV subscription costs will go up and the TV licence will be spread to other channels such as ITV1

Therefore there should be a free advertising policy and that includes product placement.

And lastly it is bad for the economy and bad for business, advertising is what makes the business world go round! Especially in retail.

Now my comments are based on advertisements in general not at how irritating or how annoying particular characters or slogans used in the advertisements are.

I also think the ban on Tobacco advertising should be dropped, it is silly! People are still gonna smoke, it doesn't do anything to reduce people smoking. The amount of money TV broadcasters are losing because of this is high and everything is getting very restricted and censored.

Like I said, people have a choice whether to buy them products or not and as a smoker, if JTC introduce a new cigarette brand, I might like to know about it, I like smoking, I pay the Tax on cigarettes, I have that choice, do I want to give up? No! it's not because of any advertising, it is because I like smoking! Trying to give up when I enjoy doing it will be pointless as I will never succeed, apart from that everyone in my family smokes, my grandmother died at 81, a very old age from a non-smoking illness and she smoked for over 45 years.

I would just like organisations to stop interefering in peoples lifestyle choices, they take enough of Tax of us, so pump that into the NHS if they are so worried, meanwhile for the large ones, excercise and cut down on the food, and then we wouldn't have this issue, move more,cut down on the calories, calories in,calories out! It's that simple!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote