View Single Post
Old 14-10-2011, 21:44   #5
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: The saga continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Installer View Post
I can tell you for sure, you will NOT be getting a network tech to come and connect up a drop cable for you. Network techs deal with the network itself (eg power supplies, amps and telco cards etc) oddly enough not customers drop cables!

As for the manager getting someone to do you job ahead of its scheduled date, don't you think that the techs already have fully routes of work? If they are able to fit you in sooner they will, but they can't just get someone to your property regardless of how small said job might be.
lol, well I have never had a 2nd cable pulled or a re-pull done before so i dont know procedure. Only reason I mentioned networks, is because the guy on the phone told me networks will connect it up.

I am fully aware of that, which was why when I had tivo installed and my V+ box moved to another room I told the installer not to worry about clipping the cable, or cleaning up after.. would deal with it all myself because I know like engineers they are busy... So I cleaned up and clipped all the cable myself.

Just seeming as it is only a 5 minute job to punchdown 2 wires in an IDC connection block and put an F connector on the end of the coax it would not of added much time to an engineers already busy schedule... normally I would not care about the delay but my landline is now broken, which it wasnt this morning.

And Customer Relations are also in agreement with me that it is not really acceptable to have no landline over the weekend, and have escalated it.. after all in the event of an emergency and you need to call police, ambulance, fire brigade somebody should not be reliant on mobile phones.. which is why land lines should work in the event of a power cut.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote