View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 14:17   #14
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Can Tivo?

And why would it want to anyway if you cannot watch them. Genuine question as I cannot really see the point of that.

Unless I have misunderstood you.
The new season of US shows are announced around May time and the US start to broadcast around September/october. We often don't know if a UK broadcaster will pick up the rights, which broadcaster it will be and when they will show it. It's a case of monitoring the online sites as to if and when a US show will be broadcast in the UK.

Take for example, a show like Fringe; when it was first announced a couple of years ago, I knew I wanted to give it a try because it sounded interesting and was part created by JJ Abrams who, amongst other things, created Alias. It was a case of waiting to find out who would pick it up and when they would broadcast it ---- this information wasn't available until a few months after it had been announced.

As I understand it, you would have been able to enter 'Fringe' into the tivo wishlist and when the tivo guide came across a programme called Fringe, it would automatically record it. Tivo 'remembered' several months later, when I would most likely would have forgotten about it.