View Single Post
Old 23-10-2008, 12:05   #7
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: Surround Sound with HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
OK, the main opinion is that using an optical cable will only give you DD5.1 or DTS and not true HD sound, for that you'll need a HD amp that uses the HDMI input for the sound
The PS3 does produce HDMI sound though? At the moment I just have an amp with my PS hooked up via optical.

I’m getting a HDMI amp so I can hook that up and hopefully get HDMI sound.

Quote:
This is how an Xbox 360 is set up for HDMI to tv and sound system. I pressume the PS3 would use a similar set up and connection(?)

Hope this helps:- http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/sy.../hdmicable.htm

Thanks but cannot access at work. Have to wait to get home to look at.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote