Thread: UK Timeline The X Files is back!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 20:52   #30
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: The X Files is back!

Just watching ep3 now, oh dear.... and I see ep4 has come through too.

I loved this series when it was on. It was the ultimate conspiracy theory, alien invasion and monster fest series. But what made it believable were the two main characters. You believed in the aliens because Mulder did and you knew Scully was always going to miss the aliens and monsters and be skeptical.

I cannot remember how the X-Files finished but I do remember they concluded it with the films, or so I thought. But the new 1st episode seems to turn all that on its head and it doesn't sit well with me at all. THe second ep was better, but this 3rd ep is just one big -MOD EDIT- take.

THe X-Files, as was, was a superb series in its day but this revival is not sincere and thus I cannot believe in any of it. And that was the point of the old series, wasn't it? Being a believer like Mulder.

And just to prove how much I dislike this series, I am typing this while "watching" the 3rd ep. I guess I'll last the whole course and watch the other three, but then that will be that.

Did I say that the 3rd ep was -MOD EDIT- awful? Well, I have now!