View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 06:36   #20
Mungojerrie
Inactive

Mungojerrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

Hmmm, so "No Virgin Media customer requires a credit check for a mobile phone"? Strange, then, that I have tried numerous times to get a pay monthly one, having been a Virgin Media customer since the merger with NTL and and a PAYG one with Virgin Mobile for almost seven years, and on three occasions have been turned down! A few times I tried on the website, it would let me get so far and then tell me to ring instead (I knew it might be because of credit problems as my late husband left me deep in debt, so I didn't bother ringing), another time I tried on the landline after paying off said debts - all went fine, including a delivery date being arranged, and then the saleswoman suddenly said "Oh, I'm sorry, you've been refused"! She was very apologetic, but there was nothing she could do, obviously. So I left it for a while and tried yet again by 'phone, this time with a woman who had a heavy Asian accent and who also had problems understanding me, so the call took twice as long as neccessary, but with the same result - except this time she refused to tell me that I couldn't have the 'phone, she just suddenly said "I need to transfer you to my supervisor", then an Asian man came on the line and told me that there was a problem and that someone would ring me the next day with an explanation. Needless to say, no 'phone call ever came!

Just over two weeks ago, I lost my PAYG mobile, so decided to try one more time, again on the website. To my utter amazement it all went through without a hitch, money was taken from my account for delivery and confirmation and delivery emails were received, although I was still dubious - until the 'phone arrived on the Tuesday!

I couldn't be happier with my new HTC Wildfire, but still feel slightly miffed that, despite never paying one Virgin Media bill late and always having the money in my account to meet the Direct Debit every month for years, I was turned down so often and was treated without respect on the last unsuccessful attempt. Still, that's life, I suppose - chances are it's a new rule that's only been brought in recently!
Mungojerrie is offline   Reply With Quote