View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 13:22   #12716
Peter N

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I know what you are saying and I wouldn't normally say get more organised but if Phorm does start to be rolled out vis all larger ISPs then small website developers, those with charity websites do need something. I would have said the ICO, ripa etc would do the job but sadly they seem to be lacking in vision, responsibility or understanding that or blindly led by the nose through all the BS.. MPO
I'd say that it's another one of those back-boiler ideas - not needed just yet but it may be very useful later. At the moment we have nothing to fight in this way because the system is not in use and we don't know how it will be implemented when it finally raises it's head above the parrapets.

In the meantime pointing people to the existing forums and sites like The Register should suffice to raise awareness and maybe encourage some more people to take an active interest.

Dephormation Pete has a knack of being one step ahead of most of us so I'm going to sit back and wait to see his take on this. I suspect that it will be loud and proud whatever it is.