View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:30   #12709
Peter N

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Regulars will know that I am very wary of us being seen as "organised".

I think that one of the strongest things working in our favour is that we are simply customers of the main ISPs who object to a new proposal that will affect our privacy. If we become a single voice then we lose that advantage and it just becomes a fight between two large groups and people may not identify with us in the same way.

My experience is that once a movement becomes "organised" it becomes seen as political and the accusations start to fly about the "real reasons" for any protests. We'd end up spending any air-time justifying our existence and most likely alienate the whole of Middle England who still smell commies at every turn.

I would have thought that these forums should suffice especially this one as it has the PM facility. It is also wide open to scrutiny and transparency is one of our key issues.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
I've given this a lot of thought, with help from friends and solicitors... Don't want to say too much else at this stage... But it is going to happen if Phorm is ever switched on again.

And BT/Phorm are in for a very unwelcome suprise too.

Consider my interest as thoroughly peaked...