View Single Post
Old 15-02-2016, 12:19   #584
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I know some people on here love the BBC,well that`s` fine you pay for it is what i think.
It is not about that for me; like many I don't watch that much. However, funding by advert or subscription, would influence content to make sure adds or subscriptions stay high.

The way the BBC is funded allows them to make programmes that wouldn't get made if funding is purely commercial, such as education, documentaries and minority interest pieces. I think this is good for the nation to have.

We all pay for things that we don't immediately gain from, but in the long run we do gain benefits from. For example people without children don't gain directly from so many things, from good schools to support groups for kids who need them. But everyone does gain from them in the end.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote