View Single Post
Old 14-02-2016, 20:48   #577
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why is it 'nonsense'? Subscriptions are a much better way of funding the BBC than the licence fee. At least people will be able to choose whether or not to pay for the service.
I really find it hard to understand how people don't understand how much you get from the monthly licence fee... news, entertainment, education, radio, web etc. Especially someone of your age group (assuming 'OLD BOY' suggests what I suspect it suggests).

And why has the BBC been given the bill for pensioners' licence fee to make funding even more difficult? We all no why really; the Tories want to help their mate Rupert by attacking the BBC.

But here's my question to you:

How many BBC services do you currently consume?

How much would you be prepare to pay, if it were subscription based, to consume what you currently consume?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote