View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 21:13   #1943
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thousands of movies to be removed from Netflix by the end of September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34110968
That weakens their service. Maybe I'm stuck in my ways but the idea of Netflix original movies doesn't really appeal to me. I think some of their original TV shows have been hit and miss. In reality how many Netflix original movies can they churn out in a 6 month period, and will they be better quality than the movies they are dumping?

I can see myself becoming a Netflix "dipper". Not using their service for months and months, allowing them to build up content, then subscribing for 1 month to splurge through it all. Then let them build up new content over a period of a few months then dip in again.

My mate dips in and out of Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. He takes each service month about. So he has Netflix for a month, cancels it, then takes Amazon Instant for a month etc.... He says it saves him money yet he manages to watch everything he wants from both services. Very tight but saves him £80.00 per year.