View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 20:17   #1941
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would be surprised if this was not the BT plan, given their relatively small subscriber base. They did it with BT Sport and they will probably do it with AMC. If this was Sky we were talking about, things would be different!
I'm not suggesting you are wrong (personally, I haven't a clue whether or not it will come to VM) but AMC and BT sport are completely different kettles of fish.

Pretty much everyone knows about what BT sport brings to the table, and it's appeal is wide. But the ordinary man in the street probably hasn't a clue what AMC is. Would VM be prepared to pay BT for something that is of minority interest?

And as I've said previously, show wise, it's only currently got two new exclusive shows; and only one of those has got any popular buzz. The other, Rectify, originated on the Sundance channel and probably has minority appeal.

Obviously AMC will add new shows in the future, but as of now, it's not unmissable viewing apart from Fear of the Walking Dead.