View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 16:54   #1937
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The trouble is that all these Premium cable networks are US based. And in the US,They are just starting to release streaming versions of their channels that are not tied into a cable provider subscription; an option that customers have been requesting for a very long time.

The last thing we want to see happen in the UK, is for the reverse to happen, and these Premium channels getting tied into specific UK TV providers.

At least Sky, with HBO content, have provided streaming access, limited as it is with regard to back season availability.

I doubt that BT will do the same with AMC anytime soon (if ever). We don't want VM doing the same with, say Starz or Showtime.

Premium Network channels being tied to UK providers, with no online streaming option, is a bad idea and sets back the progress that has been made in regards to cord cutting.
I agree, passingbat, although I would be surprised if we don't get AMC after a brief exclusivity period. They will need a sufficient audience to get decent advertising revenue to offset their costs.