View Single Post
Old 19-10-2013, 22:31   #4184
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Obviously not standard congestion. I take it a reboot of the shub starts the hill at a lower latency again? Is this a shub or UBR/Chasis bug? Or something to do with signals/frequencies being multiplied/collided/anything else i'm clueless with. Almost reminds me of a memory leak, but with network packets...
Seems all I can get from it after consultation from Seph is that it is congestion on the upstream causing the upstream buffer to fill up at the modem (causing the router resources to be consumed while BPI is working overtime) - of course just a theory but in my eyes seems the most likely, i've been at my office all day and no-one has been in, so that's all with zero usage at my end. ill do a power cycle now and see what happens.

Ultimately, if my theory is correct, its technically a firmware bug, but if VM were to keep utilisation at acceptable levels it would be a non-issue, but this is VM we are talking about!
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote