View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 15:36   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Site Blocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
so whats the name of the site that was blocked?

I forsee a time where browsers may remove the facility to use proxies on order of the state, possibly VPNs been made illegal in consumer equipment as well. But the law makers are always behind so those kind of changes are probably a decade away. I also forsee a time where isps whitelist allowed traffic only such as port 80 and mainstream ip's only in that port. The internet is a nightmare for the global elite.
I doubt it. Both VPNs and Proxies are heavily used in Enterprise, and Government computing.

While any enterprise that wants it's customers to work from home, or from a hotel, should provide enterprise level equipment, that's not always practical, as enterprise equipment can be rather large and heavy.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote