View Single Post
Old 16-12-2017, 14:36   #1335
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You tell such great jokes, Andrew.

I mean, 'accommodating EU'! Priceless!
I wouldn't call it priceless, I'd call it a £44bn joke!

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are confusing what the EU wants with what they will get, Andrew.

Whereas Corbyn in his weakness might well agree to that, Theresa will insist either:

1. That the ECJ ceases to apply to the UK after Brexit or

2. That the UK will continue to be involved in EU law as it applies to us during the transitional period.
I'm afraid that you are confusing what you want with the reality of the EU's strong negotiating position.
Quote:
During a trade visit to China, Philip Hammond was asked whether the UK would remain subject to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice and participate in the single market and customs union, despite not having membership or a role in rule making.
"In a word, yes," said the Chancellor.
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-tr...-says-11172610