View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 16:33   #752
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Less. The rest of the EU were jealous of the deal we had as far as contributions go, that'll be gone, so the amount may end up somewhat surprising.

We will have an 'itemised' bill, as it were, with contributions to various EU programmes if we want to participate in them, which we will, alongside the EEA grant.

I can almost see the UKIP posters complaining about still sending money to the EU now.
I suppose we will have to weigh up the details of the bill and see what options we have.

I think the big mistake of the last government was not explaining clearly to the people our terms of entry to the EU. Instead of giving the full details they concentrated on the "Project Fear" ones designed to get you to vote to stay.

Had they done so they could have detailed clearly in unemotional terms what the consequences of leaving really were because we would have understood the conditions of our contract with the EU.

As a consequence voters were not able to make a truly informed choice resulting in an unexpected EU referendum outcome.