View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 15:59   #64
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
re: Operation Yewtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
In a word YES. <snip>
I simply wonder why people would want to do it. At no time did I wish to tar all with the same brush. That does not stop the question from passing though my mind.
That's a real pity, for a couple of reasons that immediately come to mind. First of all, I think you could afford to try a little harder to acknowledge the damage sensationalist media coverage has done over the past 15-20 years and to choose not to allow your thought processes to be directed by it.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I think you need to lift your eyes a little and recognise that not everybody operates according to the sort of naked self-interest you have described. Some people volunteer for things simply because they believe the interests of the community are served by it, though it may be of significant cost to them in terms of time and money.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote