View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:20   #2601
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Not entirely sure why that is the case. The V6 has more tuners but that doesn't mean more recordings it just means more parallel recordings rather than recordings being rescheduled throughout a given week. However the end result, i.e. total number of shows recorded in a given week, is much the same give or take the odd show that is watched and deleted with the current 3 tuner box before a rescheduled recording is made.

It could also be argued with 6 tuners the non HD +1 channels won't be needed for recording as often but the 3 tuner Tivo is pretty good at finding alternative HD recordings so I can't see the ratio of HD to SD recordings changing much for people either.

I guess what I'm saying is to use even more space than is currently being used more series links will need to be scheduled over an above what is being scheduled at the moment.
I agree that (for us, anyway), having six tuners may not increase the actual overall number of programmes we record, but my point was that those who make full use of the three tuners on the old Tivo will find that they still have to record in SD in order to have enough room for all they want to record.

My box was always between 80% and 95% full, which meant that I had to delete some programmes that I wanted to watch in favour of things that were a higher priority at regular intervals.

I am not a telly addict; I only watch about 2-3 hours per night Sunday to Thursday, and 2 or 3 hours more on Fridays and Saturdays, when I have late nights. So my programmes do build up, it's not as if I spend all day watching the TV, as some do!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote