View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:21   #123
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: need advice and help for a possible fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yes, but no. This device doesn't have MIMO on 5Ghz AC and (V)HT isn't disabled by default on 5Ghz like it is on 2.4.
You're only telling me things I already know. I qualified my statement by saying on maximum settings.

Quote:
And half the point of 5Ghz is it has less interference, therefore that strengthens my case even more.
That's a spurious argument as it's environment dependent. It might be the case it might not.

Quote:
AC is more efficient than N so actually you get a higher proportion of throughput. On 11n you get 85% of the link rate as throughput (maximum) and on AC it's supposed to be higher.
You're off your rocker and really need to read this: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...m-an-ac-router

I think you're confusing downlink speed vs total throughput (downlink + uplink).

Quote:
But that ignores the fact we're still looking at a 72 or 144Mbps link rate vs. a 433Mbps link rate.
The 433Mbps link rate doesn't come into it really, unless transferring data point to point, as the limiting factor here on 5Ghz is going to be the 100Mbps ethernet ports. So real world throughput average speeds will always be no more than 75-85Mbps, with peak at 95Mbps, regardless of any wifi link rates.

http://www.tp-link.com.mx/FAQ-782.html

Quote:
Even if your numbers were right, two thirds of a 144Mbps link rate is about 100Mbps, half of a 433Mbps link rate is over 200Mbps. Still a HUGE difference.
Like I said, doesn't matter because of ethernet. Btw, in the smallnetbuilder link I posted above the AC433/866/1300 clients connected to the AC1300 router were getting no more than 20-30% throughput on downlink. I was being generous.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote