Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 19:56   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Boxing 2012

Quote:
Manny Pacquiao has paved the way for the world's first-ever $100million super-fight with Floyd Mayweather after declaring 'this is the fight the world wants'.

The Philippine superstar was responding after unbeaten American Mayweather called Pacquiao and demanded the pair finally collide on May 5.

However Pacquiao admitted he wants the bout to be stagedd later on in May and raised doubt as to whether Mayweather could guarantee his side of the lucrative purse

'This is the fight the world wants,' said Pacquiao.

'Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee.

'I don’t have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse.

'If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis.'

And Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum added: 'There is no problem on our part - the problem is on Mayweather’s.

'Mayweather needs somebody on his side that’s going to guarantee his purse. 'Mayweather has nobody on his side and GBP (Oscar de la Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions) is not going to guarantee his purse.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz1jGuF1WZH

Quote:
Ricky Burns will defend his world title against Namibian boxer Paulus Moses on March 10.

The Scot won the interim WBO lightweight belt by beating Michael Katsidis at Wembley Arena in November.

And Moses, a former WBA champion, will pose a tough test when the pair meet in Glasgow.

Burns said: 'I’m glad I've gone with this kind of fight. He's had one loss in 29 with 19 knock outs; you don’t get that kind of record if you can't punch. I'm sure it's going to be a cracking fight. I’m glad it’s in Glasgow, it’ll be good to fight back up in Scotland.
'I've not seen much footage of him, I can only go by his record. It's a risky fight and he's fought some good names. I can't afford to take him lightly; I treat all the fights the same and all the boxers I face with respect.'
'He will be a dangerous opponent,' Burns’ promoter Alex Morrison told STV. ‘He has several knockouts under his belt.

'He has won 28 out of 29 fights, so it will be a tough test for Ricky.'
Moses warned that he is coming to Scotland looking to become a two-time world champion.
He said: 'I’m pleased to have the opportunity to fight for a world title, I want to become a world champion again. I’m coming to win the fight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz1jGutLnpk