View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: No phone line available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
Blimey, it's been a long time since I heard of a lack of available phone lines. Last time was back in the 70s. The solution I remember is for lines to be rationed and shared between houses. These are called 'party lines'. Contact VM and ask about this, the procedure is usually for you to share a phone line with your neighbour but if they are on the phone you have to wait to make a call. I assume the line rental is split between you, it's a long time ago this was an issue so I can't remember. VM will have to find the old 70s rule book and blow the dust off before they can give you full details of the party line mechanism I expect.
Privacy laws will negate that as you could have the neighbour listening to your private calls and when you ring in your account details pop up which could cause DPA issues, that is something that should be left in the past.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote