Thread: General Discovery channel
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 19:52   #21
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Discovery channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'm lucky enough to know someone in the US who let's me use their US tv in exchange for a login on my netflix which is more than fair.
Using my vpn i've found myself using kodi less and less for tv these days my pc is now perm connected to my tv and is used as a media system with the various US tv apps and sites i get 90% of tv shows, movie wise i've found Netflix to be more than enough plus i recently discovered my local cinema does a unlimited pass for £15p/m which i've subbed too so get to see all the big releases reletavily cheap.
Sportwise the ROKU comes into play the big 3 for football fox, nbc and ESPN apps work perfectly on my vpn router set up. Only thing i use kodi for is old tv shows and streaming my personal media across devices but more and more networks are adding back catalogues.
I'm the same, I have a great friend in the US who gives me the login for their TV services, they've never asked for anything in exchange however I have given them the login to one of my VPN's as they have become paranoid about using the internet since Trump's election lol.

I tend to use my Apple TV 4 solely as my US TV gateway via a virtual VPN router set up on my PC.
This setup works great apart from one service you mention, I have real trouble getting Fox Sports to work on the ATV or my various PC's on either of the VPN's I use.
I need to invest some time in the next week and a half trying to figure something out as my sporting second love The Ohio State Buckeye's football team are now going to have some games shown on Fox, including their opening game next Friday.

I still do use Kodi extensively though, its my go to for the addons I've already mentioned, the podcasts I listen to and my very large music and video local library
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote