Thread: General Discovery channel
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 22:50   #17
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Discovery channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
As OLD BOY says, you can get the Discovery channels for £4:99 a month if you are an Amazon customer.
You can also get the main Discovery channel in the Now TV entertainment pack which amongst others will give you Sky Atlantic too.
Both options are probably cheaper than staying on a VM TV package.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

I'm curious, this is not the first time I've seen you post Kodi as a solution to someone's TV needs.
Can you read the code in a Kodi addon (its not hard)?
Do you realise the dangers in many unofficial Kodi addons?

To blithely tell people to use Kodi, especially the IT uninitiated does them a disservice and puts their accounts and home network in danger.

Kodi is not sandboxed and even using a VPN will not protect your home network or accounts from malicious code inserted into addons.
The wild west that the unofficial Kodi addons world has become may just mean that your IP is just being reported to the addon author, or it may just be that Google analytics are being used to gain the site the addon came from more traffic but these are the least of the evils being circulated within some Kodi addons.

As a 15 year user of XBMP/XBMC/Kodi I enjoyed the free "extras" while they lasted and were being given to the community by fellow hobbyists for free, but these days I wouldn't dream of recommending any Kodi addon not from the official repo even to my worst enemy until I'd seen that the code contained within it was safe!
As a kodi user myself i completely agree with this i was bad for telling people to use kodi now i suggest but with a warning.
I'm lucky as i can read the codes off addons and the ones i use i've known the developers for a long time.
I strongly urge anyone thinking of using third party addons to think first make sure that addon has good reps and the developers also have good rep, this still can't be a safety net though as recently a very popular developer with superb rep decided to play havoc with someones build out of spite.
So yes use kodi but think first.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote