View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 13:15   #2177
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
That's not entirely accurate. You questioned if NowTV was on Roku devices why it couldn't be on TiVO. The answer you were given was because Sky/Now TV are a major stakeholder in Roku it would make sense for them to have their on demand service accessible on a device owned by a company they were a major stakeholder in. Nobody said it only appeared on Roku devices.

I'll concede you'll have a point if NowTV every appears on a direct competitors hardware e.g. FireTV. But that isn't going to happen, equally Amazon isn't going to be on Roku in the UK any time soon and neither Netflix or Amazon will be on the Now TV box any time soon.
My recollection was that it had been said that Now TV was only on the Roku, hence my post. If my recollection was wrong, I apologise.

I respect that what you have said in your last paragraph is your opinion, Mike, but there are no facts to support that view. I think that with more devices and TVs supporting Now TV, Sky will make more money. They may wait until the number of new subscribers on existing devices/TVs pass their peak before allowing the app to be present on other platforms, but it will come, in my view.