View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 13:22   #1858
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
As for the video service, it would be nice if the service allowed me and my partner to ditch Netflix but sadly it isn't, but they do compliment each other nicely at times.
I find Netflix is better for more recent shows for the kids and has some more off beat films (e.g. Odd Thomas, Death of a Salesman being two examples). It's also pretty good for catching up on shows I missed first time round (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy).

I have found myself being drawn to Amazon's content more for the wife and I. Vikings is a top series as is Extand. Still to watch the 3rd season of Ripper Street (although it's coming to the BBC I see) and really intrigued by Black Sails and Halt and Catch Fire. The Man in the High Castle is also on my watchlist but won't probably start that until they do the series proper.

In short we're getting pretty good use out of both and with being on a half price offer for Now TV movies I feel we've got pretty good coverage, starting to look at whether we need a VM TV package to be honest, love the TiVo but only if it's recording stuff I can't find or get elsewhere.