View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 10:41   #1856
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Personally, I wish they'd do a stripped back Prime with just the free deliveries (as it started). I had a free trial of Spotify Premium which I rarely used (and cancelled a couple of days ago) so I doubt I'll use a service which, if anything, seems to offer a more limited selection of music. I prefer to buy the tracks and albums I like. That way I know that if I want to listen to them 5 or 10 years down the line, I'll still have access to them. I won't be at the mercy of some licencing deal.

Regarding Prime Instant Video, I find the original shows they produce to be overrated and, as with Netflix, it's often too much effort to find a halfway decent film or TV show, so I rarely bother with that either.
But they still do free deliveries, and I don't see even if they had the option of delivery only that it would be significantly cheaper than current pricing. Adding value to their service is no bad thing.

You can still buy music, you just have the option to stream if you like now too. I wont be using the music service a lot either but it's certainly nice to have.

As for the video service, it would be nice if the service allowed me and my partner to ditch Netflix but sadly it isn't, but they do compliment each other nicely at times.

Frankly, at the combined cost of £131/year (Price locked at £5.99/m for Netflix and grabbed the £59/year for Prime) I have no problem subscribing to both.

As with anything though, value is different from person to person.