View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 10:05   #1854
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
I think its good value (for me) at £79, mainly because I don't do a lot of shopping with Amazon but I do get my money's worth with streaming. Had a quick look at the music earlier but nothing particularly exciting, can't see when I'd use it.
Personally, I wish they'd do a stripped back Prime with just the free deliveries (as it started). I had a free trial of Spotify Premium which I rarely used (and cancelled a couple of days ago) so I doubt I'll use a service which, if anything, seems to offer a more limited selection of music. I prefer to buy the tracks and albums I like. That way I know that if I want to listen to them 5 or 10 years down the line, I'll still have access to them. I won't be at the mercy of some licencing deal.

Regarding Prime Instant Video, I find the original shows they produce to be overrated and, as with Netflix, it's often too much effort to find a halfway decent film or TV show, so I rarely bother with that either.