View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 14:31   #49
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
BT Sport for me, I get Atlantic for as little as £3-4 a month through NowTV. If BT went standalone I'm sure it'll be an absolute fortune in comparison.

The poll is effectively asking are you a sports fan or TV show fan. You'll always get a mixed response
No, it's asking if BT Sport were to be removed from Full House, would you be appeased by SA being added?

Obviously, whether you like one, both or neither genres will impact on a persons choice!

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'm not interested in any of the options. The moment we get offered Sky Atlantic is the moment Sky invent a new super duper channel only available to their direct customers and the programmes on offer become the usual repeats of repeats. They did it with Sky 1 way back.
I'm not asking if people would prefer BT Sport be removed and SA added, I'm asking people to assume that the rumour is true and BT Sport was hypotheticaly taken out of Full House. Would the addition of SA appease you as a customer for the loss of BT Sport?

Maybe the question could have been phrased better.

I tend to agree that should Sky allow VM to have SA, they will deny VM something new to obtain the edge over their competitors. Their strategy seems to be "we'll wholesale most of our products to make extra money out of them, but not quiet everything. For that you'll have to come to us".

Cable TV was around long before Sky and DTH satellite and Sky used to put in their annual reports that they viewed wholesaling their channels to cable companies as merely another income stream. After allowing Sky to overtake them and starting to get their act together, Sky obviously changed their tune some years ago and see cable/VM as much more of a threat.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-10-2017 at 14:41.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote