View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:23   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: New Releases (Sequels)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
what about robocop!
There were two sequels and a TV series.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I ment the new one lollol
new ????
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0133152/

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

The thing is, I don't think a sequel would work, either for Inpendance Day or ET. It would just be more of the same.

I think that the films that are ideal for sequels are those that are about characters, rather than specific events. The Harry Potter films for instance, are basically about Harry, Hermione and Ron and what happens to them each year. ET is about a boy meeting an alien, and their attempts to evade the authorities. What would the sequel be about? ET comes back and gets stranded again?

Similarly, Independance day is about the invasion of earth by aliens, and how we fight back. Would the sequel just be the Aliens invading again?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote