View Single Post
Old 24-09-2017, 05:31   #2710
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Hope so, Rich. Gold and Drama have started sharing certain programmes, so that also could be a sign.
I think I've worked out what's going on.

The Sky EPG shows Eden HD as closing down at 6am on Monday (VM carries on as usual). I expect the test channel currently showing Eden HD with GOLD on its EPG listing to become GOLD HD.

Sky Living Ireland HD recently closed down (Irish satellite viewers now receive the same feed as the UK as the EPG is now mapped to the English version).

I bet that Sky are reviewing the value that they get from their own HD channels and those that they subsidise resulting, thus far, in:

- Sky Living Ireland HD closing.

- Eden HD closing, with the former capacity being used to create GOLD HD.

I think that Eden SD and GOLD SD will eventually become FTA, with GOLD at least going onto Freeview and both going onto Freesat.

What about VM as a result of these changes?

Well, as it's been reported that the Irish version of Sky Living HD continues on VM Ireland, maybe we will keep Eden HD and hopefully we will get GOLD HD too. VM HD channels are line fed, so the capacity is borne by VM, so I guess it's possible that we may end up with some HD channels that Sky don't have (for a change)!

I never envisaged that HD channels would be closing down in 2017!!