View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 21:59   #846
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
May had won the election before she already called it. I don't see that being in question really.

What will be interesting is the size of the majority and May's own popularity rankings. She was very popular before the election and I think that this election might damage her more than they were expecting. Although I am wary of the polling showing it too close to call (doesn't make any sense) if it's even someway to being true then the majority might be smaller than was expected and that could cause rumbles within the party too.

What happens to Labour will be interesting. Whatever happens I think Corbyn has moved the party to the left and might actually succeed in shaping what they do next. Some of the principles will probably remain and are popular. Really you take the manifesto and give a different messenger and Labour might have had a chance in this election given the Tory stumbles.
I read an interesting article in the FT recently. It said that there was a division in the polling organisations between those who said that the turnout by young people would continue to be low and those who felt that there would be a key increase in young people voting.
The latter polls give the Conservatives a narrower lead and the former polls a bigger lead.
Following Brexit and Trump's victory, some polling organisations are more open to historic voting patterns ending hence their predictions of a higher turnout by younger people.