View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 21:50   #844
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
But the BBC is entirely unbiased...
I don't think the BBC select the audience, it's outsourced to the polling company.

There are a number of questions after that in how they've been selected, how do you decide to 'reflect the population' and are some more vocal than others. For example did they select people from Cambridge which may impact upon the audience? When Question Time is in some northern industrial towns for example they're far more Brexit-friendly than an audience in London.

The audience on Sky were more hostile to May on Monday as well. In the QT Leaders Specials in 2015 it was Miliband who got the worst of it.

I think the audience were hostile to the Tories but I don't think the BBC stacked the debate, even if your prone to believing they would this would be a very crude way to do it. Maybe they were just put on edge by May not turning up, remember a 'balanced' audience would still leave Tories in the minority.

Last edited by Damien; 31-05-2017 at 21:56.