View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 11:53   #1092
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I'm really at a loss to understand why people want huge disks.

Even my elderly TiVo has a 1TB disk and, with only paltry MPEG2 encoding, it can store 120 hours of HD programs.

If, and I don't, have it full, when could I ever get round to watching all that material? Never and I'm retired and don't have to go to work 8 hours a day.

Why do people want to archive loads of material that they'll never, ever get round to watching?
Well, I have a 1 TB box and I had to stop recording in HD because it was taking up too much space.

My hard drive is almost full, with a good number of dramas, entertainment, science and history programmes, all in SD. I do not archive them. Once watched, they are deleted.

A 2TB box is essential for me so that I can record most of my programmes in HD.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I guess the real debate is how many of these programmes are:
a) available on demand in the first place.
b) available on demand for a sufficient length of time for most people.
I would certainly make more use of on demand if the programmes were on there for a decent period of time. Deletion of shows on catch up after a week just doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. I only make use of catch up in emergencies!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote