View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 19:46   #6
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
If you run a business/organisation that requires employees to have a CRB check done the employees/potential employees have to complete a form which you provide and apply themselves. More details here
I have never understood how that one works in practice.

I have worked for three different defence companies, and have been cleared to BC, SC, DV and "some others" above that level. The information regarding any criminal convictions including details of spent ones are placed in a sealed envelope for the vetting agency. This information is never disclosed to the company applying for the security clearance.

I thought this was due to civil liberty reasons, the vetting agency does not reject anyone for a criminal record as far as I know apart from Treason or professional malpractice. I'm not sure how a CRB check going to any old Tom, Dick or Harry company would be allowed to disclose conviction details to an employer.