View Single Post
Old 25-11-2014, 10:37   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Who gives a fig about Gazza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Many of us have so called friends but the best friends are priceless as they will be with you through thick and thin whatever.
It's easy to find "friends" when you are living the high life (as Gazza probably was during his heyday), but they tend to vanish when the booze/drugs and money run out. Not that I am saying Gazza ever took drugs. I don't know if he did, but you can bet drugs were freely available at most of the parties he went to. Especially if you are famous.

The true friends are those who stick by you through the good times and bad. They are the ones who are not afraid to tell you if you do something bad (like maybe drinking too much), but equally are happy to congratulate you if necessary. They are also happy to lend a hand, or an ear, if you need it.

Depending on the friendship, they will also be happy to take the mickey out of you, but will defend you if they think someone is actually insulting or otherwise attacking you. They also expect the same from you.

What I don't consider true friends are those who stick by you suggesting drink and/or drugs as the only solution to any given problem, just as an excuse to justify their own habit. It sounds, to me, like Gazza has too many of this kind of "friend" and not enough true friends.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote