Thread: 0123 calls.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:44   #4
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: 0123 calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric55 View Post
Had a phone call last night from an Indian call centre , the guy on the other end said I was owed £700 in bank charges, at that moment I politly told him where to go. I did 1471 and the number was 0123. I was looking at teletext on BBC this morning and it said it was a scam.

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

Just found a link on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-11168250
A neighbour of mine's technique for dealing with calls like this is to ask the caller to hold on a moment while he turns down the TV and then just leave the phone off the hook for about 15 mins. It seems to have worked for him.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote