View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 21:25   #222
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Vodafone do not own shares in Verizon itself, but a 45% are in Verizon Wireless (the US mobile division of Verizon), that has been the case when Vodafone’s US division (formally AirTouch) Merged with Bell Atlantic’s (including NYNEX and GTE assets) US Mobile Division to form Verizon Wireless. Since then Vodafone has been having issue with Verizon over the way the now biggest mobile company in the USA is run. It will only be a matter of time until it sells to Verizon

Vodafone got big via takeovers in the fast growing mobile market in the 1990s, like the $70 Billion buyout of AirTouch, the £112 Billion Buyout of Mannesmann and the $17 Billion buyout of Hutchison Essar!

Everything Everywhere is currently a mess with the use of 3 different brands and need fixing, I also predict a reorganisation of UK Mobile Companies, I think that Virgin Mobile, Vodafone, O2 and 3 are next to merge/purchase with each other. The same would apply all across the world

Also BT only sold its mobile networks (now O2) to pay of its debts after the dot-com crash, now they are owned by Telefónica

Virgin Media needs to think about what to do about Virgin Mobile UK, maybe they could buy 3 or even Everything Everywere!
Why would Virgin Media want to take over Everything Everywhere? They might be better off just leasing the network and sit back and let Everything Everywhere do the work.

Also some people don't like NTL/Virgin Media as a company, some people can't stand the Virgin brand either, like me with Orange, if it was called Virgin Mobile, i'm sure many people will leave because I know for a fact the tariffs and pricing will just be high, Virgin Media are expensive in comparison with alternatives, I stick with them because getting the service was hassle free including moves and transfers and the service i'm getting is quite good. If you compare the amount people spend on BT,Sky and TalkTalk services, Virgin Media customers spend more on there services.

Virgin Media needs to lower its prices to compete well in the near future, currently, they rank the most expensive home phone service in the UK, and things like 100mb broadband are priced too high to the point where families would struggle to pay for this.

That's what it has to do to compete well, not acquire or merge with other companies.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote