View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 19:32   #24
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone line totally dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arborlinden View Post
I have contacted them twice by official web site report form and received official referenced acknowlegements on both occassions. This is resulted in one reply email (note no communication to the mobile phone number quoted in both fault reports)which told me that was phone was perfectly OK ( I am a liar) but to reply if I still was not happy. A reply to this and further emails requested information as to when I was going to get a service visit has resulted in silence.

Yes I am serious about County Court Action. I have learnt the hard way the firms will take your money and make promises but kick you in the teeth when it suits them and will take customers to Court at the drop a hat. Well, now so do I and my emails are plenty of evidence and I have not lost a default summons yet. I do not expect this to be the first.
You need to speak to VM or you could report via the Official VM forum? manned from 8am till 10pm daily.

http://community.virginmedia.com/

VM will have checked you 'phone line at the switch (exchange) when you contacted them. There wasn't a fault there, so they have asked to to contact Faults on 0845 454 1111 from a non VM line, or 151 if you can get to another VM line.

Further checks can then be done. VM can't just send a tech out on a whim. all remote test must be done first.

The court route is just plain stupid.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote