View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 20:02   #16
Arborlinden
Inactive

Arborlinden is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Phone line totally dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
We have a diagnostics flow which tells us to ask if you are on a mobile and to ring you back if so, many people ring from a neighbours phone as well.

Do you have any neighbours in the houses either side that are also on a Virginmedia phone line and if so is their phone line dead, if their phone is not dead then you need an engineer.
I do not have any neigbours with VM phones but I have two other working VM phones but not near enough to be used as a diagnostic tool except for area outages.

I know I need a service engineer. VM knows I need a service engineer because I told them in my fault report and subsequent emails that my phone is still not working.
What this forum makes clear is that unless I call an 0845 number I will never get a service engineer and so presumably my telphone will never get used again. The point of my spending my time on these posts is to demonstate the VM service, whatever the view of people running it, is hardly laudable.

I shall, of course, when VM customer service eventually email me to admit they have no method of arranging for a service engineer call except for a call centre operative going through a script at the end of an 0845 number, have to make that call either by a mobile or via one of my other VM phone lines.

None of this alter the fact that I still have had no effective response to a properly submitted and acknowledged fault report and two subsequent emails
Arborlinden is offline   Reply With Quote