View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 10:09   #3110
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Hi there,

You have to type in the router IP address on your web browser (192.168.1.1).

Once signed in (password is on the bottom of your Superhub 3), go to the Wireless settings down the left hand side and then Security sub menu.

The 2.4 and 5g both have the same wireless name and password. If you amend the 5g wireless name (I just added 5ghz on the end for mine)but kept password the same. Then save the changes.

You then have to go to your V6 network settings, connect by Wi-Fi and it should be able to see both 2.4 and 5g Wi-Fi names. Click on the 5g name and enter your password...my connected fine and works perfectly.

I even connected my PS4 Pro too...5ghz wi fi is much quicker
So why does installer not set it up as 5ghz?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote