View Single Post
Old 18-02-2017, 01:11   #299
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I would have no issue with Trump being questioned on that.

One thing the article says is that they are seasonal workers, and the employer has to prove that no US citizens will take the jobs. Do you know if he did not manage to prove that?

In the UK, from a Brexit perspective, immigration is to be controlled, not banned. There will be certain job areas where immigration is needed; seasonal jobs could be one area along with some skilled jobs. Alongside this, training of British people in these skills is required; this was seen as not so important, when there was a large pool of European workers.

But for you to equate this limited term immigration, of a small number of people, with the point I was making re the globalists reason for mass, uncontrolled immigration is simply ludicrous.
My point is not whether or not these seasonal workers are a good thing or not. It's that you can't compartmentalise people into two simple categories derived from a conspiracy theory. Trump does many things that people would consider pro-globalisation and this is just one of them.

I just don't know what controls will occur post-Brexit but I certainly think that training the UK workforce is vitally important whatever controls we do or don't have in the future.