View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 15:19   #6
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Liberty and Malone are testing the waters by merging their Dutch operations. If that works out for both of them then perhaps they'll start talking a full blown merger in another year or so. Malone has repeatedly stated he wants to do a big deal before his retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Great infographic, thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.

I will be posting various things when I've got the time. There's been lots of Discovery news snippets this week. Plus, there's lots of interviews that Malone has done over the years that some may find interesting.

As I said in my original thread, once he's recreated his US cable empire, which he's now done. Then at some point he'll go for a US mobile company. Then, merge Starz and Lionsgate together (he already now owns a share of Lionsgate) and possibly buy someone like Scripps, or AMC Networks. THen merge all of that with Liberty Global and Vodafone if he can.

I would not be surprised if he then sold the lot to someone like Apple or Google.

What he has always done is maintain control of "his" companies through different classes of shares even while only holding minority shareholdings. (Of course we were talking about this last week) So, I am curious to see if he continues this (he has always stated he wants to "influence" "his" companies) and if he does, where the money comes from. He is personally very rich and has just put 5 billion into the Charter merger.

Last edited by Horizon; 07-06-2016 at 15:32.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote