View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 21:59   #48
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
We all knew that the cloud was the next significant step; trying to figure out exactly when VM would make that step was the difficult bit.

I guess based on what we've gleaned (kudos to Horizon on that front), it appears that the cloud is 'Coming Sooner' than many people thought.
VM or rather NTl: were supposed to be offering cloud based TV recording years and years ago. I remember reading about it (it was coming soon) I think it's when TW announced the TVDrive, NTl: wanted to join in. Each subscriber, it was proposed, would get so much free cloud space to record shows and access them wherever they wanted.

I would guess that this idea was scuppered by the content producers rather than NTl: not bothering.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote