View Single Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:26   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Network music player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestiques View Post
The squeezebox will do exactly what you want, provided your music resides on a server or compatible NAS device. I've just got one and it's the best bit of kit I've ever bought.
It does look good and NAS access seems to be supported.....

edit: argh!:
Quote:
Slimserver needs a fairly recent pc and the system will not work with most NAS drives - so if you plan this research carefully.

edit, edit: Just found this on the logitech faq page (regarding the use of squeezebox/NAS/slimserver):
Quote:
In order to access your music files, the Squeezebox must connect to SlimServer, so SlimServer must be running somewhere.
In other words, my PC needs to be on and running slimserver if I want the squeezebox to access my NAS....damn!